Tuesday, February 2, 2010

demurrer


just a brief account of recent eats
it was a Friday night and we were stranded without a dinner booking
i think all HK restaurants should have a casual bar system for people who are waiting
'your table is will be called after 20 others, but would you care for a mojito whilst you stand around and wait?'
they could make so much money from the massive queue

so we were finally seated at Brunch club and Supper

before we even sat down my friend already screamed
BANOFFEEEEE PIE!!!!
complimented with blueberries and a kiwi sauce
this was according to her an orgasmic mouthful

we started with a creamy ceasar salad
which was pretty good but extremely small

I had the duck breast, not particularly tender but I adored the little flowers
that were randomly poked into my mashed potatoes haha



my friends had a tiger prawn risotto
the prawn was ahhhh mazing, crunchy and bursting with flavours of la merrrr
but the sauce for the risotto was pretty whack like
a sweet mango cough syrup concoction
the other friend had a medium rare angus steak
not worth mentioning it was like a big palm size fillet of fat


Bell jar magic


The interior was minimal and washed out, colourful turkish daybeds and sofas
(similar to the ones that Kings used to sit in with the canopy) stood out from the ruins





I'm way too slow with my updates

Love me