Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Croquembouche





Today was an extremely hectic day
first we headed out for lunch and met with a monstrous grunt
turns out we had a flat tire

so we rushed it to hospital (not before downing a few tarts and mocha)
turns out it's fine, we even did a little shopping and I bought the foam for my final year project

anyway

Finally I've paid a visit to the enigmatic Croquembouche Pâtisserie
established sometime around the Christmas of 2005
the dynamic duo from France
started this cafe with impressive resume tucked under their chef aprons

having driven past numerous time at night and the logo still caught my eye
this, was truly an orgasmic moment for my taste buds

even if it's a little outta the way for you guys I'd suggest you to hit it!
(note the font I'm in an extremely chocolaty mood)



First up we tried the
Tarte aux Legumes grillés et Fromage de Chèvre
(Grilled vegetables and goat cheese tart)

To be followed with a creamy salmon crepe
I don't know what they put it in it, leek or something
but together with the fish it brought me right back to the
crepes stand on the streets of Paris


Then stella polished off a blueberry tart engulfed in creamy custard that had a hint of coconut

The coffee......was SO hot and creamy
need I say more?


*
The mouth watering display rack reminded me of Paris so much
it's amazing that they opened a cafe with such an air of je ne sais quoi
right in the middle of an industrial zone of Port Botany
right across the road is like a crane factory !












Maple leaves stamp!





incase any of you didn't know
Croquembouche is a French dessert made by stacking cream puffs in a conical shape and cementing them together with a toffee.



http://www.croquembouche.com.au/


PS


Playstations are so out they had to put it in the freezer at Coles?


and here's a little something for my darling over at Ik Ben Moe

Love me